Historic Wallingford is celebrating our “reopening” from the pandemic with a neighborhood treasure hunt. This fun, self-guided activity is a chance to get outside and explore Wallingford’s historical architecture and flourishes of art with friends and family. So go for a walk along N 45th!
Seattle’s Wallingford neighborhood developed in the early 20th century as a working- and middle-class streetcar suburb with a thriving commercial core along N 45th Street. Today, this dynamic, evolving corridor is encircled by one of the city’s best collections of Craftsman bungalows and other popularly styled early- and mid-20th century houses.
The treasure hunt leads you through the business district along N 45th, and sometimes just to the north or south, to solve clues and discover things about the history of Wallingford.
How It Works –
- Pick up a treasure hunt map today at one of our five sponsor businesses or download the map and print a copy.
- Our sponsor businesses are Wally Pets, Murphy’s Pub, Swanson’s Shoe Repair, Seattle Pops, and Archie McPhee. The sponsors are offering prizes to be awarded to the winners.
- Just check the pictures and clues on the map to find what is pictured and answer the question asked. Once you have written down all your answers, return your completed entry to the box at one of the sponsor shops by September 15. Incomplete maps are OK, so return your map even if you can’t answer all the questions. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded soon after September 15.
- While everyone in a family/household can enter, we will limit awards to one prize per family/household. Only one entry per person, please. No purchase is required.
- We only request your address, email address and phone number to be sure we get your prize to you. Your contact information will not be used for anything else or given or sold to anyone.
- Questions, comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to learn more interesting things about our neighborhood on our website. If you know something interesting about our neighborhood that isn’t there, just send us an email. We’d love to know it, too!