Volunteers Sought for October 6 Event
Historic Wallingford is in full planning mode for our upcoming Historic Homes Fair, to be held Saturday, October 6 at the Good Shepherd Center. Many thanks to those who are actively volunteering in planning the event and to those distributing posters and flyers in Wallingford and its next door neighborhoods.
We’re seeking volunteers for the day of the event – Saturday, October 6. If you’re interested in volunteering for any of the following tasks, please email us at HomesFair@HistoricWallingford.org.
1. Photographers – 1 or 2 volunteers are needed to photograph our session speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and volunteers in action! The volunteer will need to use their own good-quality camera and be willing to share with Historic Wallingford in a timely manner.
Times: 10 AM to 4 PM
2. Setup – 4 volunteers are needed to assist with exhibit space setup, including posting signs, moving chairs and tables and helping vendors move in and assemble their booths.
Times: from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM
3. Room monitor – 3 volunteers are needed. POSITIONS FILLED.
Times: from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
4. Room monitor – 2 volunteers are needed. POSITIONS FILLED.
Times: from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
5. Room monitor – 2 volunteers are needed to arrange chairs before sessions and to monitor entry to a seminar and then to the film Bungalow Heaven to include only ticketed individuals and for room capacity. Following the seminar, assist with stacking the chairs and tidying the space. Volunteers will be able to attend the seminar and film.
Times: from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
6. Information Guru – 1 volunteer is needed to staff the information and registration desk, to take sign-ups, to field and answer questions, to keep an eye on the canteen for adequate supplies of water, coffee, etc., to assist vendors and speakers, if requested, and to seek assistance if needed.
Times: from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (this will conflict with the film and three seminars).
7. Lunch monitor – 1 volunteer is needed. POSITION FILLED.
Times: from Noon to 2:00 PM.
8. 2 volunteers are needed for general teardown and clean-up, including folding and stacking tables and chairs, and tidying the exhibit space, and collecting trash.
Times: from 4:00 to 5:00 PM.
9. 1 volunteer is needed as a greeter, to welcome and direct participants to the correct door.
Times: from 9:15 to 10:30.
It will be most helpful if volunteers arrive about 15 minutes early, to aid in smooth transition. Lunch will be provided to volunteers working longer shifts.