Begun in May of 2017, Historic Wallingford has many plans for the promotion and preservation of local history and architecture.
In the future, Historic Wallingford will be organizing projects like the following:
- Historic Plaques,. Commemorative plaques and photographs program.
- Special Documents and Publications
- School Scavenger Hunt – Guides. Build a bridge to local schools in order to promote the history of Wallingford. Equally valuable in reverse is to leverage the research talent and ability of teachers and students to help develop site content.
- Monetary Donations.
- Educational Resources. To build an interactive, educational and fun website that will be a critical tool in raising awareness about the cultural value of the history of Wallingford. Ultimately we also plan that the website includes age-appropriate teaching materials about Wallingford that could be integrated in the curriculum of the K-12 schools in the area.
- Architectural/drafting Resources.
- Lecture Series. In years past local architects and historians have lead well-attended walks around Wallingford to point out particular buildings that illustrate its history and unusual concentration of architecturally-significant buildings. Seeking to expand on this interest, Historic Wallingford will be carrying forward this mission with more formal organization.
- Historic Homes Fair. Public will be invited to talks given by local historians and information will be available from restoration professionals regarding the history, care, and rehabilitation of historic homes.
- Walking Tours. To initiate interactions with the community by scheduling and implementing tours, lectures and other activities that will share our passion for this historic area. As the membership grows, new members will have opportunities to contribute their personal knowledge and experiences to activities such as a potential “walking tour” of area homes.
- and more!